Basic Course in Smartphone Film Making (10 days) at Instructional Media Center – Maulana Azad National Urdu University (IMC – MANUU) Hyderabad from 06th to 16th Jan. 2020
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Skilling India in Film & Television (SKIFT) initiative, in association with Instructional Media Center – Maulana Azad National Urdu University (IMC – MANUU) Hyderabad, announces Short Course in Smartphone Film Making (10 days) in Hyderabad.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Dates: 06th to 16th Jan. 2020 (Except 15th Jan. 2020 – Makarsankranti)
(2) Timings: 10 am to 6 pm
(3) No. of participants: 40 (Course will be conducted only if minimum strength of 30 is reached)
(4) Age: Participants must be 18 years or above in age as on 01st Jan. 2020
(5) Educational Qualifications: HSC (12th pass). However, 10th pass in exceptional cases
(6) Nationality: Indian
(7) Venue: Instructional Media Center, Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Gachibowli, Hyderabad
(8) Fees: Rs 11,800/-
(9) Mode of Payment: Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, Film & TV Institute of India, Pune”, and must be payable at Pune.
(10) Selection Criteria: First – Come – First – Served.
(11) MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Participants must have a good quality Smartphone which can at-least record HD video
(12) Last date & time to apply: 16th Dec. 2019 by 4 pm
(13) Faculty: Mr Ritesh Taksande
Ritesh Taksande is working in the media industry for the past 10 years as Director, Cinematographer, Film-Maker and Media Educator. He has worked on many national and international film projects including the famous Disney’s Planes II – Fire and Rescues (Feature Film) as Sequence Producer and Shaktimaan – The Animated (TV – Series Season 1) as Production Manager. He worked on Films VFX on Jupiter Ascending, Baaji, Classmate. He was Line Producer – Screenyug Creation Pvt. Ltd. Pune.
His films have been nominated in many International film festivals for short films on social issues. He received International award at the ASCRS Scientific Film 2016, USA. Special screening of his short film “Who is Responsible” was done at the Pune International Film Festival 2014.
He is resource person to conduct Film Making sessions for: (1) Children Film Society of India (Govt. of India), (2) Vigyan Prasar (DST – Govt. of India), (3) Film & Television Institute of India (FTII – Govt. of India) and (4) Many International School, MBA Colleges, & Mass Media Colleges across the country.
(14) How to apply: Participants can download the application form from either from FTII website or from Instructional Media Centre – Maulana Azad National Urdu University (IMC – MANUU) website. Fill – in the details, attach required Demand Draft and speed post or deliver it in person to
Mr. Omar Azmi,
Producer - I
Instructional Media Centre
Maulana Azad National Urdu University
Hyderabad - 500 032
so as to reach on or before 16th Dec 2019 by 4 pm.”
(15) Medium of Instructions: The medium of instruction would be English and Hindi. Participants are expected to have adequate knowledge of English and/ or Hindi as regards to reading, writing & speaking.
(16) Selection Criteria: First – Come – First – Served basis. However, course will be conducted only if the minimum strength of 30 participants is reached. Selected candidates would be communicated by email. Course fees of the selected candidates will be non – refundable or non – transferable or non adjustable under any circumstances. Demand Drafts of non–selected candidates would be returned within 04 days.
(17) Certificates: All participants would be given participation certificate on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(18) Queries: For any queries email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Prof. Sandeep Shahare, FTII Pune). You may also email or call Mr. Omar Azmi, MANUU, Hyderabad on 8587900804 email@example.com (preferably call only on weekdays between 10 am to 6 pm)
Details of Smartphone Film Making Course (10 days)
The course introduces fundamental technology, theory, history, techniques and applications of film making & photography. It includes artistic & aesthetic analysis of student created short films. It would also focus on understanding the creative eye behind the camera/ Smartphone and how to develop the skill of storytelling using Camera/ Smartphone.
The course objectives are;
(1) Understand concept to script writing,
(2) Understand basic camera/ Smartphone operations,
(3) Understand basic cinema language,
(4) Understand basics of Editing & Post Production,
(5) Understand proper archive & techniques and
(6) Finally, making of a film of around 03 minutes duration, in a group, as final exercise.
Initially, participants will be having few theory classes followed by hands-on practical exercises using camera/ Smartphone, lights, reflectors, microphones etc leading to a final project. More than 70% of the course is practical orientated exposing participants to the film making process.