Film Appreciation Course at Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur from 10th to 20th Jan 2020
Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Skilling India in Film & Television (SKIFT) initiative, in association with Jawahar Kala Kendra (JKK), Jaipur, announces 10 days Film Appreciation Course on JKK campus, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Dates & Duration: 10th to 20th Jan. 2020 (10 days – excluding Sunday 12th Jan. 2020)
(2) Timings: 10 am to 6 pm
(3) No. of participants: 100 (Course will be conducted only if minimum strength of 60 is reached)
(4) Age: Participants must be 18 years or above in age as on 01st Jan. 2020
(5) Nationality: Indian
(6) Medium of Instructions: English & Hindi
(7) Venue: Jawahar Kala Kendra, JLN Marg, Jaipur – 302 004, Rajasthan
(8) Course Director: Mr. Munish Bhardwaj
Munish Bhardwaj graduated from the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, in the year 1993. His thesis film (‘The Tutor’ - 35mm, B/W, 32 mins) was based on Dostoyevsky’s Crime and Punishment. He has worked on films of directors Rajat Kapoor, Kumar Shahani, Mani Kaul and Sashi Kumar.
Munish was the Executive Producer of the critically acclaimed 2013 Rajat Kapoor directed ‘Ankhon Dekhi’ (Before my Eyes). He has also written for TV series such as ‘Bhanwar’ (Whirlpool), ‘Rajdhani’ (The Capital) and ‘Hadsa’ (The Incident) in the past.
Munish has been involved with Theatre as a Director, Actor and producer for over 25 years.
‘Moh Maya Money’ (In Greed We Trust) is his first feature film as a Writer and Director & Producer.
(9) Course Fees: Rs 5,000/- per participant.
(10) Mode of Payment: Demand Draft OR Cash
(a) In case of Demand Draft: Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of “Additional Director General, Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur”, and must be payable at Jaipur. The name of the participant, phone/ mobile no., email-id to be clearly mentioned at the back of Demand Draft.
(b) In case of Cash Payment: Payment in can be made only during JKK office hours at Accounts Section, JKK, Jaipur
(11) ON THE SPOT REGISTRATION: Download application form from website of FTII (www.ftii.ac.in) OR JKK (www. jawaharkalakendra.rajasthan.gov.in). Fill – in all details, attach required Demand Draft OR Cash Receipt of Rs 5,000/- at the venue on 10th Jan. 2020 between 9 – 9.30 am. The admission will be offered on subject to availability of seats on First Come First Served basis.
On the envelope of application at top left, please write “Application for Film Appreciation Course”. Incomplete applications and applications received after due date & time will be rejected.
(13) Medium of Instructions: Medium of instructions would be Hindi & English. Participants should have adequate knowledge of Hindi and/or English as regards to reading, writing & speaking
(14) Selection Criteria First – Come – First – Served basis.
(15) Participation Certificate: Participants will be given participation certificates subject to 90% attendance. The certificate will carry logos of FTII & Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur and will be jointly signed by FTII Director, Course Director & authority of JKK, Jaipur
(16) Accommodation for Participants: Neither JKK nor FTII will provide accommodation, food, local conveyance to the participants and they need to make their own lodging & boarding arrangement at their own cost.
(17) Queries: For any queries contact Mr. Abdul Lateef Usta, 09829869519 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Film Appreciation Course Details
The course is an introduction to film appreciation, film history, film analysis and film production – fiction and documentary - from concept to final film.
The participants will be exposed to the history of cinema and the development of the cinematic language. They will be encouraged to analyze a few selected films and taken through the process of film making – fiction as well as documentary. There may also be specific sessions on the impact of cinema on society and the process of preserving film and film heritage. Finally, there will be an opportunity for the students to explore the avenues for further learning of the film craft.
Enhance the participants understanding of cinema in all its dimensions including aesthetic, creative, communicative, industrial and commercial. The course will impart skills in contextualizing an audio visual work, grasping the impact of its diverse elements and understanding its import and impact on the society.
The course aims to equip the student with an ability to engage with cinema deeply. It teaches the student to contextualize a film in its historical, social, aesthetic and technological perspective and then goes on to explain the language of pictures and sounds and the meaning created by their design, juxtaposition and sequencing. Finally it explores with the students the relationship between cinema and the society.
Screening of films, lectures accompanied with presentations, interactive discussions, assignment for completion outside the class.
Who Should Take the Course?/ Benefits of undertaking said Course
Anyone interested in looking at cinema beyond the entertainment aspect and wanting to appreciate films for its genre, style & content and wishing to take cinema as career.