List of Selected Participants for Basic Acting Workshop for Children (Online) from 16th to 29th May 2022
Basic Acting Workshop for Children (Online) from 16th to 29th May 2022
Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Centre For Open Learning (CFOL) initiative announces Basic Acting Workshop for Children (online).
Following are the details in this regard;
(b) 13 years running to 18 years running (not completed) as on 01st May 2022 – Afternoon batch
(b) 1 pm to 3 pm (IST) – Afternoon batch (13 years running to 18 years running)
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
Since the course is online, participants must have following facilities;
(i) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 4 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(ii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iii) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(iv) Compatible good quality headphones/ earphones with mic
(v) Compatible HD webcam
(vi) Internet pack of minimum 3 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(viii) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
A performance researcher, theatre practitioner, and acting coach, Devendranath Shankaranarayanan is a Master of International Performance Research from University of Warwick (UK), University of Amsterdam (Netherlands), and University of Helsinki/Tampere (Finland) with Erasmus Mundus scholarship of European Union. He is also a recipient of Young Artist Scholarship by the Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
He is the course director of Basic Acting for Children, under the project Skilling India in Film and Television (SKIFT) at the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, Maharashtra and the course director and HOD (acting) at Luminar Film Academy, Kochi. He is also visiting faculty for various institutes including School of Drama and Fine Arts, University of Calicut and KR Narayanan National Institute of Visual Science and Arts, Kottayam, Kerala.
He is also the key resource person and module designing consultant for ‘Hello English’, a programme conducted by Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Department of Education, Government of Kerala and ‘Teacher Transformation Programme’ for Higher Secondary School teachers of Kerala in collaboration with the higher education department of Kerala. He is also the course director and facilitator for the Tribal Education Project of Kudumbasree Mission, a project by the Government of Kerala at Malapuram district.
His experience includes working in various theatre productions in multiple languages. He has directed and designed many national and international productions.
As a performance researcher, he has been keenly observing the changing trends of pedagogic practices. He has been presenting research papers in international and national academic seminars and webinars.
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
3. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
4. Select “All India” in State of Corporate/ Institution, then select “Educational Institutions” in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
5. Search/ Find “FTII Fees Account” in Educational institutions name and click submit.
6. In the payment category select “B3 Basic Acting Course for Children Online”.
7. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
8. Make necessary payment of Rs 10,000/- OR Rs 30,000/- as the case may be.
9. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
10. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
11. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached.Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
12. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction will be final.
Further to add in this, it is expected of the participants that during the class they must mute their mics but keep their cameras on unless otherwise instructed. Keeping camera off throughout the class or not heeding to instructions to switch on the camera will be seen as an act of indiscipline and will lead to expulsion from the Course and forfeiture of the Course fee. Decision of FTII Director regarding conducting the course in all respects will be final.
Queries: Milindkumar Joshi, Assistant Outreach Officer, FTII on email@example.com OR call on 020 – 2558 0085
This 14 day long online acting course for children will familiarize the participants with a range of acting approaches, improvisation techniques, voice and speech modulations, and ways of using the multiple possibilities of body and its flexibilities. The objective is to shape and condition the participant’s body and mind into instruments capable of meeting the demands of an increasingly competitive contemporary world. They will be trained using a variety of theatre, new media and virtual performance methods along with martial and meditative practices to achieve this.
The focus of the course would be to help the participants react to their surroundings in an improved and effective way; it helps the participants shape their body to better reflect their inner world with reference to their individual perception of the outer world. Also focusing to use the creative energy of the phsycho-physical state which they are going through during the pandemic in a meaningful way. This will primarily lead the talents to better communication and interactive skills.
(a) Being in front of the Camera
(b) Voice, Speech, and Beyond
(c) Concentration Exercises
(d) Sense Memory Exercises
(e) The World of Imagination
(f) Improvisation-The way of Multiple Possibilities of Flexibilities
(g) Body and Movements
(h) The Ensemble