Basic Film Orientation Course in Jaipur from 13th to 20th Dec. 2019
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Skilling India in Film & Television (SKIFT) initiative, in association with The Open Space Society (TOSS), Jaipur, announces Basic Film Orientation Course (07 days) on TOSS campus, Jaipur.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Dates: 13th to 20th Dec. 2019 (excluding Sundays)
(2) Timings: 10.00 am to 5.30 pm
(3) No. of participants: 40 (Course will be conducted only if minimum strength of 35 is reached)
(4) Age: Participants must be 18 years or above in age as on 01st Dec. 2019
(5) Nationality: Indian
(6) Venue: Screening Room, TOSS, Jaipur
(7) Course Fees: Rs 8,300/- per participant (Course fees is inclusive of GST)
(8) Mode of payment: Demand Draft - to be drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, Film & TV Institute of India, Pune”, and must be payable at Pune
(9) Last date to apply: 22nd Nov. 2019 by 4 pm
(10) Course Director (Faculty Member): Shri Ritesh Taksande
Ritesh Taksande is working in the media industry for the past 10 years as Director, Cinematographer, Film-Maker and Media Educator. He has worked on many national and international film projects including the famous Disney’s Planes II – Fire and Rescues (Feature Film) as Sequence Producer and Shaktimaan – The Animated (TV – Series Season 1) as Production Manager. He worked on Films VFX on Jupiter Ascending, Baaji, Classmate. He was Line Producer – Screenyug Creation Pvt. Ltd. Pune.
His films have been nominated in many International film festivals for short films on social issues. He received International award at the ASCRS Scientific Film 2016, USA. Special screening of his short film “Who is Responsible” was done at the Pune International Film Festival 2014.
He is resource person to conduct Film Making sessions for: (1) Children Film Society of India (Govt. of India), (2) Vigyan Prasar (DST – Govt. of India), (3) Film & Television Institute of India (FTII – Govt. of India) and (4) Many International School, MBA Colleges, & Mass Media Colleges across the country.
(11) Course Contents: The course introduces fundamental technology, theory, history, techniques and applications of film making & photography. It includes artistic & aesthetic analysis of student created short films. It would also focus on understanding the creative eye behind the camera and how to develop the skill of storytelling using Camera.
The course objectives are (1) Understand concept to script writing, (2) Understand basic camera operations, (3) Understand basic cinema language, (4) Understand basics of Editing & Post Production, (5) Understand proper archive & techniques and (6) Finally, making of a film of around 03 minutes duration, in a group, as final exercise.
Initially, participants will be having few theory classes followed by hands-on practical exercises using camera, lights, reflectors, microphones etc leading to a final project. More than 70% of the course is practical orientated exposing participants to the film making process.
(12) How to apply: Download application form from website of FTII (www.ftii.ac.in) OR TOSS. (www.tossjaipur.com). Fill – in all details, attach required Demand Draft of Rs 8,300/- and send it by speed post/ courier or deliver it in person to
Ms Shilpi Batra Advani,
The Open Space Society (TOSS),
142, Frontier Colony,
Jaipur –302 004
so as to reach on or before 22nd Nov. 2019 by 4 pm.”
On envelope of application at top left, write “Application for Basic Film Orientation Course”. Incomplete applications, applications without required Demand Draft, applications received after due date & time etc will be rejected.
(13) Medium of Instructions: The medium of instruction would be Hindi & English. Participants are expected to have adequate knowledge of English and/ or Hindi as regards to reading, writing & speaking.
(14) Selection Criteria: First – Come – First – Served basis. However, course will be conducted only if the minimum strength of 35 participants is reached. Selected candidates would be communicated by email. Course fees of the selected candidates will be non – refundable and or non – transferable and or non – adjustable under any circumstances. Demand Drafts of non–selected candidates would be returned within 04 days.
(15) Certificates: All participants would be given participation certificate on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(16) Queries: For any queries contact following persons;
(i) At TOSS, Jaipur, Ms Shilpi Batra, 9610082222, firstname.lastname@example.org
(ii) At FTII, Pune, Prof. Sandeep Shahare – 9923242654, email@example.com