Film Appreciation Course (05 days) at Jalandhar, Punjab from 25th to 29th Sept. 2019
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Skilling India in Film & Television (SKIFT) initiative, in association with Apeejay College of Fine Arts, New Jawahar Nagar, Jalandhar, Punjab, announces Short Course in Film Appreciation (05 days) in Jalandhar.
Following are the details in this regard:
1. Name of the Course: Film Appreciation
2. Dates & Duration: 25th to 29th Sept. 2019 (05 days, inclusive of Saturday & Sunday)
3. Timings: 10 am to 6 pm
4. No. of participants: 100 (Course will be conducted only if min. strength of 60 is reached)
5. Age: Participants must be 18 years or above in age as on 01st Sept. 2019
6. Nationality: Indian
7. Venue: Apeejay College of Fine Arts, New Jawahar Nagar, Jalandhar, Punjab – 144 001
8. Fees: Rs 3,600/- per participant (Course Fees is inclusive of GST)
9. Mode of Payment: Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, Film & TV Institute of India, Pune”, and must be payable at Pune.
10. Last date to apply: 20th Sept. 2019 by 4 pm
11. Faculty: Mr. Munish Bhardwaj
12. How to apply: Download the application form either from FTII Website (www.ftiindia.com) or from the Website of Apeejay College of Fine Arts, New Jawahar Nagar, Jalandhar, Punjab (www.acfa.apeejay.edu). Fill in the details, attach required Demand Draft and Speed Post/ courier or deliver it in person to:
Apeejay College of Fine Arts,
New Jawahar Nagar,
Jalandhar – 144001 (Punjab)
Mobile no.: 8427279112
(So as to reach on or before 20th Sept. 2019 by 4pm)
On envelope of application at top left, write “Application for Film Appreciation Course”. Incomplete applications & applications received after due date & time will be rejected.
(13) Selection Criteria: ‘First-Come, First-Served’ basis. However, course will be conducted only if the minimum strength of 60 participants is reached. Selected candidates would be communicated by email. Course fees of the selected candidates will be non-refundable under any circumstances. Demand Drafts of non–selected candidates would be returned within 04 days.
(14) Medium of Instructions: The medium of instruction would be mainly English and partly Hindi. Participants are expected to have adequate knowledge of English and/ or Hindi as regards to reading, writing & speaking.
(15) Certificates: All participants would be given Participation Certificate on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(16) Queries: For queries, please email to Prof. Sandeep Shahare on email@example.com (from FTII) OR Mr. Varinder Singh – 9988908081 (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Mr. Ankit Goel – 8427279112 (email@example.com) – both from Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar, Punjab).
Details of Film Appreciation Course
Course Description: The course is an introduction to film appreciation, film history, film analysis and film production – fiction and documentary - from concept to final film.
Course Abstract: The participants will be exposed to the history of cinema and the development of the cinematic language. They will be encouraged to analyze a few selected films and taken through the process of film making – fiction as well as documentary. There may also be specific sessions on the impact of cinema on society and the process of preserving film and film heritage. Finally, there will be an opportunity for the students to explore the avenues for further learning of the film craft.
Course Objectives: Enhance the participants understanding of cinema in all its dimensions including aesthetic, creative, communicative, industrial and commercial. The course will impart skills in contextualizing an audio visual work, grasping the impact of its diverse elements and understanding its import and impact on the society.
Learning Outcomes: The course aims to equip the student with an ability to engage with cinema deeply. It teaches the student to contextualize a film in its historical, social, aesthetic and technological perspective and then goes on to explain the language of pictures and sounds and the meaning created by their design, juxtaposition and sequencing. Finally it explores with the students the relationship between cinema and the society.
Pedagogy: Screening of films, lectures accompanied with presentations, interactive discussions, assignment for completion outside the class.
Who Should Take the Course?/ Benefits of undertaking said Course: Anyone interested in looking at cinema beyond the entertainment aspect and wanting to appreciate films for its genre, style & content and wishing to take cinema as career.