Foundation Course in Screen Acting at Jaipur from 28th Nov. to 20th Dec. 2019
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Skilling India in Film & Television (SKIFT) initiative, in association with The Open Space Society (TOSS), Jaipur, announces Foundation Course in Screen Acting (20 days) at Jaipur.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Dates: 28th Nov. to 20th Dec. 2019 (excluding Sundays)
(2) Timings: 10.00 am to 5.30 pm
(3) No. of participants: 24 (Course will be conducted only if minimum strength of 22 is reached)
(4) Age: Participants must be 18 years or above in age as on 01st Nov. 2019
(5) Nationality: Indian
(6) Venue: Screening Room, TOSS, Jaipur
(7) Course Fees: Rs 30,000/- per participant (Course fees is inclusive of GST)
(8) Mode of payment: Demand Draft - to be drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, Film & TV Institute of India, Pune”, and must be payable at Pune
(9) Last date to apply: 05th Nov. 2019 by 4 pm
(10) Course Director (Faculty Member): Mr. Phonsok Ladakhi
Actor Shri Phonsok Ladakhi is FTII Alumni of 1975 batch. He has acted in movies like Khel khiladi ka, Ramu tu Diwana, Khache Hire, Unchi Udan, Pehredar, Subhash Chandra Bose by Shyam Benegal, Kim by London Films etc. He has also acted in TV serials like Intazar by Sayed Mirza, Gulgushan Gulfam by Ved Rahi and Parmveer Chakra by Chentan Anand. He has produced/ Directed number of documentaries and he is a B+ High singer for AIR Leh, Ladakh. He had been performing acting/ singing in many foreign countries like Japan, Singapore, Switzerland & USA and had delivered a lecture on Himalyan Folk Music to the students of MANAHTTHAN SCHOOL OF MUSIC New York, USA.
(11) Course Contents: The Screen Acting course will be based on ‘METHOD ACTING’ as per Stanislavski's system. It is a systematic approach to train actors that the Russian theatre practitioner Konstantin Stanislavski developed in the first half of the 20th century. Stanislavski was the first in the West to propose that actor training should involve something more than merely physical and vocal training.
The course would have basics of Acting covering introductory module exercises around (1) Action Problem, (2) Improvisation, (3) Movement, (4) Sense Memory exercise, (5) Diction, (6) Monologue, (7) Playback Singing, (8) Scene Work etc. Classes will start with 15 minutes Yoga exercise for concentration. One master workshop may be conducted with a professional Actor/ practicing Director. As a part of course, you may also be taught 'How to face camera/ mobile' wherein after 17 - 18 days of teaching you may be asked to perform in front of camera/ mobile and you may then take your performance on your hard disk/ pen drive.
It may please be noted that these topics are indicative in nature and may be changed/ omitted etc.
(12) How to apply: Download application form from website of FTII (www.ftii.ac.in) OR TOSS. (www.tossjaipur.com). Fill – in all details, attach required Demand Draft of Rs 30,000/- and send it by speed post/ courier or deliver it in person to
Ms Shilpi Batra Advani,
The Open Space Society (TOSS),
142, Frontier Colony,
Jaipur –302 004
so as to reach on or before 05th Nov. 2019 by 4 pm.”
On envelope of application at top left, write “Application for Foundation Course in Screen Acting”. Incomplete applications, applications without required Demand Draft, applications received after due date & time etc will be rejected.
(13) Medium of Instructions: The medium of instruction would be Hindi & English. Participants are expected to have adequate knowledge of English and/ or Hindi as regards to reading, writing & speaking.
(14) Selection Criteria: First – Come – First – Served basis. However, course will be conducted only if the minimum strength of 22 participants is reached. Selected candidates would be communicated by email. Course fees of the selected candidates will be non – refundable and or non – transferable and or non – adjustable under any circumstances. Demand Drafts of non–selected candidates would be returned within 07 days.
(15) Certificates: All participants would be given participation certificate on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(16) Queries: For any queries contact following persons;
(i) At TOSS, Jaipur, Ms Shilpi Batra, 9610082222, email@example.com
(ii) At FTII, Pune, Prof. Sandeep Shahare – 9923242654, firstname.lastname@example.org