On-campus children course – Basic Film Orientation Course for Children in Pune from 17th to 22nd Oct. 2022
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune under its ‘Centre For Open Learning (CFOL)’ program, announces on-campus Short Courses exclusively for children – Basic Film Orientation Course for Children in Pune, Maharashtra.
Following are the details in this regard;
Course fee is excluding breakfast, lunch, tea/ coffee, snacks etc.
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be refunded within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement. Also, due to COVID19 or any other reason, if the course is cancelled by FTII, course fee will be refunded.
Ritesh Taksande is working in the media industry for the past 13 years as Director, Cinematographer, Film-Maker and Media Educator. He has worked on many National and International Film Projects including the famous Disney’s Planes II – Fire and Rescues (Feature Film) as Sequence Producer and Shaktimaan – The Animated (TV – Series Season 1).
He is Director at Myfirstfilm organisation, Pune (A film School for everyone)
An Award winning film maker and mentor for many media schools, universities, and also mentors scientific and documentary films making courses under Govt. of India, CMS New Delhi, Vigyan Prasar to name a few.
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
2. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
3. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
4. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
5. In the payment category select “C1 Basic Film Orientation Course for Children”
6. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
7. Make necessary payment of Rs 6,000/-.
8. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
9. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached. Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
11. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Also, it is presumed that participants will be staying and or attending the course at their own risk & cost and FTII will not be held responsible for anything or matter of what-so-ever nature. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction in all respect will be final.
The course introduces basic of film making, theory, techniques and applications used in making short films “By the Children, For the Children”. It includes artistic & aesthetic analysis of short films made by the children. It also focuses on understanding the creative eye behind the camera and how to develop the skill of storytelling using Camera/ Smartphone.
The course includes the production process of making a short film.
1. Script Writing
3. Basic Camera/ Smartphone operations.
4. The Language of cinema.
5. Basic Lighting techniques.
6. Basic of Editing & Post Production.
7. Finally a short film of around 03 minutes will be produced by the children.
Initially, participants will be having few theory classes followed by hands-on practical exercises using camera/ Smartphone, lights, reflectors, microphones etc leading to a final project. More than 70% of the course is practical orientated exposing participants to the film making process.