Online course – Basic Course in Visual Storytelling (through photographs & texts and Audio – Video) from 25th to 29th Oct. 2021
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Centre For Open Learning (CFO) announces online course – Basic Course in Visual Storytelling (through photographs & texts and Audio – Video).
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Name of Online Course: Basic Course in Visual Storytelling (through photographs & texts and Audio – Video)
(2) Dates: 25th to 29th Oct. 2021
(3) Timings: 10.30 am to 12.30 pm and 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm (Indian Standard Time – IST), 04 hrs per day
(4) Max. no. of participants: 40 (Course will be conducted only if min. strength of 32 participants is reached)
(5) Age: 16 years & above as on 01st Oct. 2021
(6) Educational Qualification: SSC (10thstd. pass).
(7) Medium of Instructions: Mainly English & partly Hindi
(8) Per Participant Course fee:
(a) For Indian Nationals: Rs 3,900/- (base fee = Rs 3,305/- and GST = Rs 595/-)
(b) For Foreigners including NRI, OCI etc. and also those Indian Nationals who are presently staying outside India: Rs 11,700/- (base fee = Rs 9,915/-/- and GST = Rs 1,785/-).
Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
(9) Mode of payment: Online through SBI Collect (along with application form).
(10) Due date & time to submit application: 20th Sept. 2021, 6 pm IST. Application submitted after due date & time will not be considered.
(11) Selection Criteria: On First – Come – First – Served Basis.List of selected participants will be published on FTII website. Also, selection emails will be sent to all the selected participants.
(12) Online platform: FTII will be using “Google Classroom” and participants are requested to get familiarized with the same. Steps to join online class including login id & password will be shared with each selected participant in the selection email.
(13) Computer literacy: It is the participant’s responsibility to be technologically capable to take an online course. Participants must be computer literate.
(14) MANDATORY REQUIREMENT:
Since the course is online, participants must have following facilities;
(i) A good quality Smartphone/ camera which can record HD Videos and photographs.
(ii) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 8 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(iii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iv) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(v) Compatible good quality headphones/ earphones with mic
(vi) Compatible HD webcam
(vii) Internet pack of minimum 3 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(viii) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
(15) Faculty members: (1) Mr. RiteshTaksande and Dr. Tabeenah Anjum Qureshi
(1) Mr. Ritesh Taksande: He is working in media industry for the past 12 years as Director, Cinematographer, Film-Maker and Media Educator. He has worked on many national and international film projects including the famous Disney’s Planes II – Fire and Rescues (Feature Film) as Sequence Producer and Shaktimaan – The Animated (TV – Series Season 1) as Production Manager. He worked on Films VFX on Jupiter Ascending, Baaji, Classmate. He was Line Producer – Screenyug Creation Pvt. Ltd. Pune.
His films have been nominated in many International film festivals for short films on social issues. He received International award at the ASCRS Scientific Film 2016, USA. Special screening of his short film “Who is Responsible” was done at the Pune International Film Festival 2014.
He is resource person to conduct Film Making sessions for: (1) Children Film Society of India (Govt. of India), (2) VigyanPrasar (DST – Govt. of India), (3) Film & Television Institute of India (FTII – Govt. of India) and (4) Many International School, MBA Colleges, & Mass Media Colleges across the country.
(2) Dr. Tabeenah Anjum Qureshi: Dr. Tabeenah Anjum Qureshi is a senior journalist, a media educationist and an internationally acclaimed visual storyteller whose pictures are condensed emotions that unfurl into cultural narratives. She conducts short courses/ workshops of visual storytelling in reputed universities, institutes of India such as IIMC (New Delhi & Dhenkenal), FTII, Pune etc & abroad. Born and brought up in Kashmir, she is the recipient of the National Award in Photography (2015) conferred by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt. of India and also the recipient of Maharaja Sawai Ram Singh II Award ( 2017) for excellence in photography, conferred by City Palace of Jaipur'. Her photographic art works have exhibited in India, Nepal and South Australia and she participated in Oz-Asia festival (2019). Presently based in Rajasthan, with a decade of experience in print & multimedia journalism her reportage and lucid opinions have appeared in reputed media organizations such as Deccan Herald, DNA newspaper, Rajasthan Patrika, The Caravan, News 18 and BBC. She presently writes for the Outlook magazine.
(16) How to apply:
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
3. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
4. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
5. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
6. In the payment category select “B4 Basic Visual Storytelling Course (Online)”.
7. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
8. Make necessary payment of Rs 3,900/- OR Rs 11,700/- as the case may be.
9. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
10. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
11. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached.Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
12. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction will be final.
Further to add in this, it is expected of the participants that during the class they must mute their mics but keep their cameras on unless otherwise instructed. Keeping camera off throughout the class or not heeding to instructions to switch on the camera will be seen as an act of indiscipline and will lead to expulsion from the Course and forfeiture of the Course fee. Decision of FTII Director regarding conducting the course in all respects will be final.
(17) Communication with participants: All communications with the participants will be carried out through email only. List of shortlisted participants may be published on FTII and selection email will be sent to the selected participants on their registered email id.
(18) Certificates: All participants would be given participation e-certificates on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(19) Queries: For any queries please contact Madhulika, FTII Outreach Officer on email@example.com
The Basic course of visual storytelling workshop aims to reignite and remind the participants of their natural ability of storytelling. The soul of the workshop will be imagination. The participants will practice this art through photography, film making and writing.
Through a series of short exercises, the budding storytellers will be introduced to the nuances of recognising a thought, realising a feeling and then narrating a story through a single or a series of photographs and films. They will be exposed to the process of articulation of thought through these mediums.
• The course will introduce the students to the history and basic nuances and technical aspects of photography and film making.
• The culminating exercise will be a series of short films and photo stories along with short fictional narrative or poem to illustrate the individual story woven by the participant.
• During this five day course module, besides structured classwork, informal question answer session will be held.
• Participants need to bring along their own notebooks, sketch books, stationery and a camera or a device to captures visuals.
Each participant will be given an e- certificate on the successful completion of the course.