Online Weekend Course – Basic Orientation in Music Recording and Mixing from 20th to 28th March 2021
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune under its ‘FTII Online’ initiative, announces Online Weekend Course – Basic Orientation in Music Recording and Mixing.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Name of the Course: Basic Orientation in Music Recording and Mixing (Online & Weekend)
(2) Dates: 20th to 28th March 2021 (04 days, 16 hours) Only on Saturdays & Sundays
(20 – 21 & 27 – 28 March 2021)
(3) Timings:10 am to 12 noon and 2 to4 pm (Indian Standard Time – IST)
(4) Max. no. of participants:40 (Course will be conducted only if min. strength of 32 participants is reached)
(5) Age:18 years &above as on 01st March 2021 (participants born on or before 28th Feb. 2003)
(6) Educational Qualification: HSC (12th pass). In exceptional cases, 10th pass may be considered
(7) Online Platform: Google Classroom & Google Meet platform
(8) Medium of Instructions: English
(9) Per Participant Course fee:
(a) For Indian Nationals: Rs 4,650/- (base fee = Rs3,941/- and GST = Rs709/-)
(b) For Foreigners including NRI, OCI etc. and also those Indian Nationals who are presently staying outside India: Rs 13,950/- (base fee = Rs 11,822/- and GST = Rs 2,128/-).
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
(10) Mode of payment: Online through SBI Collect (along with application form).
(11) Due date & time to submit application: 1st March 2021, 6 pm IST. Application submitted after due date & time will not be considered.
(12) Selection Criteria: On First – Come – First – Served Basis.List of selected participants will be published on our website and selection emails will also be sent to all the selected participants.
(13) Online platform: FTII will be using “Google Classroom” and participants are requested to get familiarized with the same. Steps to join online class including login id & password will be shared with each selected participant in the selection email.
(14) Computer literacy: It is the participant’s responsibility to be technologically capable to take an online course. Participants must be computer literate.
(15) MANDATORY REQUIREMENT:
Since the course is online, participants must have following facilities;
(i) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 8 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(ii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iii) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(iv) Compatible good quality headphones/ earphones with mic
(v) Compatible HD webcam
(vi) Internet pack of minimum 5 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(vii) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
(16) Course Director: Monaal Aron
Monaal Aron, is an alumnus of SAE Byron Bay (Australia)
He has worked with various independent musicians and bands across genres such as classical, semi classical and western music. He has been working at FTII as an Assistant Prof from 2011 and has played an important role in developing the curriculum with regards to Music Recording, Mixing and Mastering taught in the three year course at the institute.
(17) How to apply:
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
2. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
3. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
4. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
5. In the payment category select “B2 Basic Orientation in Music Recording and Mixing”.
6. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
7. Make necessary payment of Rs 4,650/- OR Rs13,950/- as the case may be.
8. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
9. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached.Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
11. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction will be final.
Further to add in this, it is expected of the participants that during the class they must mute their mics but keep their cameras on unless otherwise instructed. Keeping camera off throughout the class or not heeding to instructions to switch on the camera will be seen as an act of indiscipline and will lead to expulsion from the Course and forfeiture of the Course fee. Decision of FTII Director regarding conducting the course in all respects will be final.
(18) Communication with participants: All communications with the participants will be carried out through email only. List of shortlisted participants may be published on FTII website and selection email will be sent to the selected participants on their registered email id. A video testing session on “how to use Google Classroom” will also be held which will be communicated in same email. It is mandatory for all the selected participants to attend this video testing session, if they are unaware of how to submit assignments in Google Classroom.
(19) Certificates: All participants would be given participation e-certificates on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(20) Queries: For any queries please contact Prof. Sandeep Shahare on email@example.com OR on 9923242654 (WhatsApp only)
About the Course.
This course is developed towards providing Home based Musicians & Composers orientation towards basic principles of Music Recording & Mixing Technology. The course will allow participants to gain useful insight towards improving home based music/ Audio recordings. This course will be beneficial to all kinds of musicians who are creating content such as home concerts, music lessons for Digital platforms. The course will allow them to strategize better and improve the content with regards to quality. The course may also be beneficial to amateur composers who are seeking a foray into Audio Recording in a cost effective home studio.
• Fundamentals of Sound
• Digital Technology
• Microphones &Miking Techniques
• Room Acoustics
• Home Studio (Basic Equipment)
• Music Recording & Mixing Techniques