Foundation Course in Screen Acting (Online) from 04th to 26th March 2021
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its ‘FTII Online’ initiative announces Foundation Course in Screen Acting (Online). The course will be conducted by the Dept. of Screen Acting, FTII, Pune.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Name of the Course: Foundation Course in Screen Acting (Online).
(2) Dates & Duration: 04th to 26th March 2021 (20 days, Monday – Saturday, except Sundays)
(3) Timings: 11 am to 1 pm and 3 to 5 pm (Indian Standard Time – IST). 04 hours every day
(4) Max. no. of participants: 24
(5) No. of seats available: 21 (03 seats already reserved for the applicants of previous batch)
(Course will be conducted only if minimum strength of in-total 20 participants is reached)
(6) Age:18 years & above as on 01st March 2021 (participants born on or before 28th Feb. 2003)
(7) Educational Qualification: HSC (12th pass). In exceptional cases, 10th pass may be considered
(8) Online Platform: Google Classroom & Google Meet platform
(9) Medium of Instructions: Hindi & English
(10) Per Participant Course fee:
(a) For Indian Nationals: Rs 20,000/- (base fee = Rs 16,949/- and GST = Rs 3,051/-)
(b) For Foreigners including NRI, OCI etc. and also those who are presently staying outside India: Rs 60,000/- (base fee = Rs 50,847/- and GST = Rs 9,153/-).
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
(11) Mode of payment: Online through SBI Collect (along with application form).
(12) Due date & time to submit application: 18th Jan. 2021, 6 pm IST. Application submitted after due date & time will not be considered.
(13) Selection Criteria: On First – Come – First – Served Basis. List of selected participants will be published on our website and selection emails will also be sent to all the selected participants.
(14) Online platform: FTII will be using “Google Classroom” and participants are requested to get familiarized with the same. Steps to join online class including login id & password will be shared with each selected participant in the selection email.
(15) Computer literacy: It is the participant’s responsibility to be technologically capable to take an online course. Participants must be computer literate.
(16) MANDATORY REQUIREMENT:
Since the course will be conducted online, participants must have following facilities;
(i) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 8 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(ii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iii) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(iv) Compatible good quality headphones/ earphones with mic
(v) Compatible HD webcam
(vi) Internet pack of minimum 5 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(vii) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
(17) Course Director: Siddharth Shasta
Siddharth Shasta is a graduate of Hindu College (University of Delhi) and an alumnus of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune. He has worked extensively with schools, institutions and NGO’s to cultivate the need of film/ theatre knowledge for people at multiple levels – childhood, youth, adult, and Mature. He has been involved in teaching the craft of film acting, in various formats through various institutions. He has been a faculty in the Film and Television Institute of India for several years now and has been instrumental in designing the new course syllabus.
He has conducted many acting workshops for professionals and non-professionals across India under the banner of FTII. He was deputed as the Course Director and faculty for the short course in screen acting at the prestigious Rashtryia Sanskritik Mahotsav, Banaras, International Film Festival of India (IFFI), Goa and for the “Special Screen Acting Course”; for Nepali actors conducted by FTII in association with Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India in 2018. He also developed and conducted a special programme for the students of the National School of Drama (NSD) New Delhi and other theatre students, to enable them to understand the difference between film and theatre acting and perform better in both mediums.
Presently he is working as Honorary Head, Screen Acting Department, FTII, Pune.
(18) How to apply:
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
3. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
4. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
5. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
6. In the payment category select “B2 Foundation Course in Screen Acting Online”.
7. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
8. Make necessary payment of Rs 20,000/- OR Rs 60,000/- as the case may be.
9. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
10. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
11. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached.Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
12. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction will be final.
Further to add in this, it is expected of the participants that during the class they must mute their mics but keep their cameras on unless otherwise instructed. Keeping camera off throughout the class or not heeding to instructions to switch on the camera will be seen as an act of indiscipline and will lead to expulsion from the Course and forfeiture of the Course fee. Decision of FTII Director regarding conducting the course in all respects will be final.
(19) Communication with participants: All communications with the participants will be carried out through email only. List of shortlisted participants will be published on FTII website and selection email will be sent to the selected participants on their registered email id.
(20) Certificates: All participants would be given participation e-certificates on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(21) Queries: For any queries please contact Prof. Sandeep Shahare on firstname.lastname@example.org OR WhatsApp on 9923242654
1. Role of an Actor in the film making.
2. Difference between theatre and film acting.
3. Rasa theory and Natyashastra
4. Importance of Sense Memory and Imagination.
7. Performance analysis and Character Study.
9. Spot Memory
10. Interactive session with film director/ casting director