Evening Online Course: Introduction to Podcasting and Audio Media from 28th Aug. to 04th Sept. 2022
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Centre for Open Learning (CFOL) and in association with The Open Space Society (TOSS), Jaipur, announces Evening Online Course: Introduction to Podcasting and Audio Media.
Following are the details in this regard;
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
Since the course is online, participants must have following facilities;
(i) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 4 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(ii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iii) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(iv) Compatible good quality headphones/ earphones with mic
(v) Compatible HD webcam
(vi) Internet pack of minimum 3 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(vii) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
ShrinkhlaSahai is a radio and television professional, educator and arts writer with over 15 years of experience in voicework. She holds an MPhil in Theatre and Performance Studies from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, and her research was on ‘Voice Performance on Radio’. A seasoned radio host and producer, she is presently associated with the online music platform Radioweb (https://radioweb.in/Home). She has also worked extensively on voice techniques for theatre and films, has been a screen actor for short films and television series, and done voice-overs for several documentaries and radio spots. She has produced shows for All India Radio, and was the Content Manager and Radio Jockey at WorldSpace Satellite Radio. She was also a community radio trainer with TERI. As a media professional she has worked with The Hindustan Times and Doordarshan. She writes on arts and culture for The Hindu and other publications. https://www.thehindu.com/ profile/ author/ Shrinkhla-Sahai-31750/ She is a visiting faculty at various Universities, teaching courses on Audio Media, Voice Performance, Cultural Studies and Performing Arts
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
2. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
3. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
4. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
5. In the payment category select “B3 Introduction to Podcasting and Audio Media E. O”
6. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
7. Make necessary payment of Rs 4,500/- OR Rs 13,500/- as the case may be.
8. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
9. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
(iv) check your bank account to confirm whether money (course fee) has been deducted or not
(v) After a day or two, once again check to see whether money (course fee) has been refunded.
(vi) In case of refund, it is a transaction failure and if so, once again apply for the course afresh.
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached. Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
11. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction will be final.
Further to add in this, it is expected of the participants that during the class they must mute their mics but keep their cameras on unless otherwise instructed. Keeping camera off throughout the class or not heeding to instructions to switch on the camera will be seen as an act of indiscipline and will lead to expulsion from the Course and forfeiture of the Course fee. Decision of FTII Director regarding conducting the course in all respects will be final.
(1) Milind Joshi, Assistant Outreach Officer on email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org OR 020 – 2558 0085
(2) - ShilpiBatraAdvani on email@example.com OR on 9610082222 (between 10 am to 6 pm).
This short course would provide an overview of various aspects of radio and podcasting. Through an interactive and experiential mode, the sessions would lead participants through sonic explorations, and a unique audio journey of tuning in, listening, and expressing. They would be introduced to a variety of radio formats, the fundamentals of audio podcasting, producing and presenting radio shows. Engaging games and activities would delve into voice training and radio hosting essentials. The course would ensure that even an absolute novice would leave the course with a robust grounding in the fundamentals and a sense of self-sufficiency when it comes to the realm of radio and podcasting.
Launching your podcast