Basic Course in Stop Motion Animation (Online & Evening)
Post Date: 19 Dec, 2020
Basic Course in Stop Motion Animation (Online & Evening) from 15th to 27th Feb. 2021
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its FTII_Online initiative announces Basic Course in Stop Motion Animation (Online & Evening). The course will be conducted by Department of Animation & Computer Graphics, FTII, Pune.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Name of the Course: Basic Course in Stop Motion Animation (Online & Evening)
(3) Timings: 7 pm to 9 pm (Indian Standard Time – IST)
(4) Max. no. of participants: 25 (Course will be conducted only if min. strength of 20 participants is reached)
(5) Age:18 years & above as on 01st Feb. 2021 (participants born on or before 31st Jan. 2003)
(6) Educational Qualification: HSC (12th pass). In exceptional cases, 10th pass may be considered
(7) Online Platform: Google Classroom & Google Meet platform
(8) Medium of Instructions: English
(9) Per Participant Course fee: Rs 5,000/- for Indian Nationals and Rs 15,000/- for Foreigners including NRI, OCI etc. and also those who are presently staying outside India: Course fee is inclusive of GST. Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
(10) Mode of payment: Online through SBI Collect (along with application form).
(11) Due date & time to submit application: 18th Jan 2021, 6 pm IST. Application submitted after due date & time will not be considered.
(12) Selection Criteria: On First – Come – First – Served Basis. Selection emails will be sent to all the selected participants.
(13) Online platform: FTII will be using “Google Classroom” and participants are requested to get familiarized with the same. Steps to join online class including login id & password will be shared with each selected participant in the selection email.
(14) Computer literacy: It is the participant’s responsibility to be technologically capable to take an online course. Participants must be computer literate.
(15) MANDATORY REQUIREMENT:
Since the course is online, participants must have following facilities;
(i) A good quality Smartphone which can record HD Videos.
(ii) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 8 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(iii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iv) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(v) Compatible good quality headphones/ earphones with mic
(vi) Compatible HD webcam
(vii) Internet pack of minimum 3 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(viii) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
(16) Course Director: Mr. Mandar Digrajkar
Mandar Holds Diploma in Commercial Arts from Kolhapur, Advanced Diploma in Computer Animation from C-DAC Pune, Masters degree in Indology from Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth (TMV) Pune and Master of Fine Arts from University of Aurangabad.
After working in Animation & VFX industry for 14 years, in the year 2011 he joined FTII as Associate Professor, Animation & Computer Graphics and is presently heading the department.
2. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
3. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
4. Search/ Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
5. In the payment category select “Basic Course in Stop Motion Animation (Online)”.
6. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
7. Make necessary payment of Rs 5,000/- OR Rs 10,000/- as the case may be.
8. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
9. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached. Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
11. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction will be final.
Further to add in this, it is expected of the participants that during the class they must mute their mics but keep their cameras on unless otherwise instructed. Keeping camera off throughout the class or not heeding to instructions to switch on the camera will be seen as an act of indiscipline and will lead to expulsion from the Course and forfeiture of the Course fee. Decision of FTII Director regarding conducting the course in all respects will be final.
(18) Communication with participants: All communications with the participants will be carried out through email only. List of shortlisted participants may be published on FTII and selection email will be sent to the selected participants on their registered email id.
(19) Certificates: All participants would be given participation e-certificates on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(20) Queries: For any queries please contact Mr. Milind Joshi on firstname.lastname@example.org OR on 9423889494
Goal : Understanding the process of Stop-Motion Animation
About the Course :
1. Understanding Animation.
2. Principles of Animation.
3. Introduction to various types and methods of Animation
4. Brainstorming for idea & Script waiting
5. Introduction to Storyboarding & Animatic
6. Principles of Photography & Editing
7. Preproduction - Arranging set up for Stop motion.
8. Production - Capturing images for Stop motion.
9. Post Production – Editing and Sound for Stop motion
10. Interactive session with the expert.
The course takes students through brief history and various types of animation to understand the principles behind it. They are introduced to method of storytelling by creating illusion of motion with a series of created pictures / photographs and also how to produce, edit a stop-motion film and create audio for it. Students’ also gets the opportunity to develop their own idea, write script, record audio and actually shoot and produce stop motion animation, individually or as a team.
All efforts have been made to make the information as accurate as possible. Film and Television Institute of India will not be responsible for any loss to any person caused by inaccuracy in the information available on this Website. Any discrepancy found may please be brought to the notice of Film and Television Institute of India, Pune.