Foundation Course in Digital Cinematography at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Skilling India in Film & Television (SKIFT) initiative, in association with Himalayan Society for Art, Culture, Education, Environment & Film Development (HIMACEEF) and Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University Lucknow, announces Foundation Course in Digital Cinematography (20 days) at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Dates: 21st Jan. to 10th Feb. 2020 (excluding Sunday 26th Jan. 2020)
(2) Timings: 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
(3) No. of participants: 24 (Course will be conducted only if minimum strength of 20 is reached)
(4) Age: Participants must be 18 years or above in age as on 01st Jan. 2020
(5) Nationality: Indian
(6) Venue: Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Vidya Vihar, Raebareli Road, Lucknow – 25
(7) Course Fees: Rs 49,560/- per participant (Course fees is inclusive of GST)
(8) Mode of payment: Demand Draft - to be drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, Film & TV Institute of India, Pune”, and must be payable at Pune
(9) Last date to apply: 15th Jan. 2020 by 4 pm
(10) Course Director: Rajesh Shah, FTII alumnus (1989 – 92 Cinematography batch)
(11) About the Course Director: Rajesh is an alumnus of Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune (1989 - 1992 batch, cinematography). He teaches at University and Ambedkar University as guest faculty at Lucknow. For past two years he was guest faculty at Kumaon University, Nainital. He has been associated with directors like Sri Raghvan in Ek Hasina Thi & Johnny Gaddar and with Raju Hirani for Lage Raho Munna Bhai & 3 Idiots. He had been working in film industry for almost 28 years and got a chance to work with directors like Syed Akthar Mirza, Ajij Mirza, Kundan Shah, Ketan Mehta, Sudhir Mishra, Manjul Sinha, Prakash Jha, Raj Kumar Satoshi, Vidu Vinod Chopra etc.
(12) Course Contents: Basics of Photography, Lens, Aperture, Shutter, ISO, Exposure, Focusing, Depth of field, Lens angle and field of view, Camera angles, Lens Aperture, F number scale, Effects of lens aperture, Recording the visual image, Lens angle and perspective, camera movement, controlling Exposure, Focusing problems, What is zoom lens, block lens, Different kinds of shots, Composition, framing a shot, Composing in depth, dolly shots, Following the moving object, Matching shots, Exposure meter, coloured temperature, coloured correction filters, neutral density filters ,polarizer, effect filters etc. LIGHT SOURCES Incandescent bulbs, Tungsten halogen bulbs, Non Incandescent, Controlling Sunlight. Colour balancing lighting, fresnel luminaries control, soft light, shadowless light, Source lightening etc. Sensors and cameras, digital image, measurements, sesitometry gamma, colour, image control etc. These are broad indicative topics and may vary while conducting the course.
(13) How to apply: Download application form from website of FTII. Fill – in all details, attach required Demand Draft and send it by speed post/ courier or deliver it in person to
Shri Rajesh Shah,
Pilgrim lodge Compound,
Nainital – 263 001
so as to reach on or before 15th Jan. 2020 by 4 pm.”
On envelope of application at top left, write “Application for Foundation Course in Digital Cinematography”. Incomplete applications, applications without required Demand Draft, applications received after due date & time etc will be rejected.
(14) Medium of Instructions: The medium of instruction would be mainly English and partly Hindi. Participants are expected to have adequate knowledge of English and/ or Hindi as regards to reading, writing & speaking.
(15) Selection Criteria: First – Come – First – Served basis. However, course will be conducted only if the minimum strength of 20 participants is reached. Selected candidates would be communicated by email. Course fees of the selected candidates will be non – refundable under any circumstances. Demand Drafts of non–selected candidates would be returned within 07 days.
(16) Certificates: All participants would be given participation certificate on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(17) Accommodation: Limited accommodation (on first come first served basis) in Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Vidya Vihar, Raebareli Road, Lucknow on double sharing basis is available for the participants on additional lumpsum payment of Rs 8,625/- (@ Rs 375/- per day for 23 days). This additional payment is to be made in advance in cash on 20th Jan. 2020 directly to the University or to HIMACEEF authorities. Interested participants need to intimate the accommodation requirement in the application form without which the same will not be considered. The accommodation will be available from 20th Jan. to 11th Feb. 2020.
As regards to the meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea/ coffee), the same is available in the University canteen/ mess on additional payment of approximately Rs 85/- per diet (normal meal – lunch & dinner) and Rs 40/- per breakfast. If any other services like laundry etc are opted by the participants, the same will be charged on at actual basis by the University to the participants.
Participants need to assure general decency, decorum etc on the University campus and room allotment may be cancelled if same is not followed. All rights in this regard are reserved with the University management.
(18) Queries: For any queries contact following persons;
(i) Ms Shalini Shah – 9410544524 or Mr Rajesh Shah – 9411344136, firstname.lastname@example.org
(ii) At FTII, Pune: Prof. Sandeep Shahare – 9923242654, email@example.com