List of Selected Participants for Basic Course in Smartphone Documentary from 18 to 27 September 2023.
|First Name||Middle Name||Last Name|
Evening Online Course: Basic Course on Smartphone Documentary from 18-27 September 2023
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Centre For Open Learning (CFOL) Programme in association with The Open Space Society (TOSS), Jaipur, announces online evening course – Basic Course on Smartphone Documentary.
Following are the details in this regard;
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
Since the course is online, participants must have following facilities;
(i) A good quality Smartphone which can record HD videos.
(ii) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 4 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(iii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iv) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(v) Compatible good quality headphones/ earphones with mic
(vi) Compatible HD webcam
(vii) Internet pack of minimum 3 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(viii) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
Shilpi Batra Adwani has an MA in Convergent Journalism from AJK MCRC Jamia Millia Islamia in Delhi with ten years of international experience in both Documentary Filmmaking and Mass Media Project Management. She is an independent filmmaker, educator and creative business entrepreneur with a special interest in social issues and projects involving the preservation of cultural heritage. Shilpi is the cofounder of The Open Space Society Jaipur, a private educational and cultural institution dedicated to arts and media studies. Currently, She is working on her documentary film 'Sheenkhalai- The Blue Skin' a film about her Hindu-Pashtun ancestors.
Keya Vaswani is a National Award-winning documentary and fashion filmmaker. A designer turned into a self-taught filmmaker, she cofounded Storyloom Films and is been featured on Forbes and Tedx. She made 35+ short films and a feature film called ‘Weaves of Maheshwar ‘ which won The National Film Award in 2016. Her other films have won many awards and have been in many press releases
1.Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.sbi and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
2. In the Search box, search/Find FTII Fees Account and click submit.
3. In the payment category select “B3 Basic Course on Smartphone Documentary E”.
4. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
5. Make necessary payment of Rs 5,600/- OR Rs 16,800/- as the case may be.
6. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
7. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
(iv) check your bank account to confirm whether money (course fee) has been deducted or not
(v) After a day or two, once again check to see whether money (course fee) has been refunded.
(vi) In case of refund, it is a transaction failure and if so, once again apply for the course afresh.
8. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached.Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
9. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction will be final.
Further to add in this, it is expected of the participants that during the class they must mute their mics but keep their cameras on unless otherwise instructed. Keeping camera off throughout the class or not heeding to instructions to switch on the camera will be seen as an act of indiscipline and will lead to expulsion from the Course and forfeiture of the Course fee. Decision of FTII Director regarding conducting the course in all respects will be final.
(1) Mr. Milind Joshi, Assistant Outreach Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR on 020 – 25580085
(2) Ms Shilpi Batra Advani on firstname.lastname@example.org OR on 9610082222 (between 10 am to 6 pm).
Overview: This course teaches the fundamentals of documentary filmmaking and how to make a video story with any Smartphone. The course will help participants find their story arc and understand their Smartphone cameras better, help them shoot videos applying the simple rules of filmmaking.
Course Details: The course will introduce participants with different techniques of documentary filmmaking and how they can be applied in shooting with Smartphone Practical sessions The faculty members will use examples to explain different kinds of shots and movements The participants will shoot and edit their individual documentary film project using a Smartphone during the course.
What Will You Learn? (Learning Outcomes):
Who Should Take This Course?: This course is for anyone and everyone- from High school students to college students. Employees to job creators, teachers, professionals, homemakers, bloggers, marketers and film enthusiasts. The course will help participant find another effective medium to document and tell their stories better.
Note- Smartphone documentary workshop doesn’t discourage use of professional cameras. The course helps participants understand the discipline of using right equipment at right time.