Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its ‘Centre for Open Learning (CFOL)’ initiative, in association with NFDC (NFAI) will be conducting Winter Film Appreciation course in online mode.
Following are the details in this regard;
film screening as per course requirement.
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
Since the course is online, participants must have following facilities;
(i)Full access to the following four OTT platforms throughout the period of the course:
(ii) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 4 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(iii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iv) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(v) Compatible good quality headphones/earphones with mic
(vi) Compatible HD webcam
(vii) Internet pack of minimum 5 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(viii) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
About Course Director
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
2. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
3. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click go.
4. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
5. In the payment category select “Winter Film Appreciation Course 2022”.
6. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
7. Make necessary payment of Rs. 7,500/- OR Rs. 22,500/- as the case may be.
8. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
9. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or print screen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached.Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
11. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction will be final.
Further to add in this, it is expected of the participants that during the class they must mute their mics but keep their cameras on unless otherwise instructed. Keeping camera off throughout the class or not heeding to instructions to switch on the camera will be seen as an act of indiscipline and will lead to expulsion from the Course and forfeiture of the Course fee. Decision of FTII Director regarding conducting the course in all respects will be final.
Highlights of the Course:
*Applicants may please note that this is not a film production or a scriptwriting course. The emphasis is completely on understanding and appreciation and there are no practice-based inputs included in the syllabus.*
*Since the course is based on Audio – Visual medium where films will be screened, the respective visual & hearing disability of a differently abled person should not be more than 60%. *