List of Selected Participants for Film Appreciation Course in Delhi from 09 to 13 October 2023.
|First Name||Middle Name||Last Name|
Film Appreciation Course (05 days) in Delhi from 09-13 October 2023
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune under its ‘Centre For Open Learning (CFOL)’ program in association with Triveni Kala Sangam, New Delhi, announces Short Course in Film Appreciation (05 days) in New Delhi.
Following are the details in this regard;
Course fee is excluding lunch, tea/ coffee, snacks etc.
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 21 working days of the course commencement.
However, due to any reason, if the course is postponed OR cancelled by the organisers, course fee will be refunded.
11.Mode of payment: Online through SBI Collect (along with application form).
12.Due date & time to submit online application: 24th September, 2023, 6 pm IST. Application submitted after due date & time will not be considered.
13.Selection Criteria: On First – Come – First – Served Basis. List of selected participants will be published on our website and selection emails will also be sent to all the selected participants.
(14) Certificates: All participants would be given participation certificate on successful completion of the course which will carry logo of FTII and Triveni Kala Sangam and will be jointly signed by FTII Director, Triveni Kala Sangam Official and the Course Director. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory to get certificate.
(15) Accommodation: Outstation participants may please note Triveni Kala Sangam may facilitate for accommodation in Delhi on additional payment. Please contact Mr. Sankalp Sharma, Triveni Kala Sangam, on 011-41823833 for the same.
(16) Queries: For any queries contact following persons;
(i) At FTII, Pune, Mr. Milind Joshi, Asst. Outreach Officer – 020 - 25580085, email@example.com
(ii) Mr. Sankalp Sharma, Triveni Kala Sangam, on 011-41823833, firstname.lastname@example.org
(17) Communication with participants: All communications with the participants will be carried out through email only. List of shortlisted participants will be published on FTII website and selection email will be sent to the selected participants on their registered email.
(18) Course Director: Munish Bhardwaj
Profile Screenwriter, Producer, Director, Teacher, Performer and Entrepreneur
Experience 30 years in the field of Cinema, Television
Education: Graduate of Delhi University, B Com (H) from Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) and Post Graduate Diploma in Film Direction/Screenwriting from Film And Television Institute of India (FTII, Pune)
Theatre and Cinema Education
Cinema: Assisted Director to film makers - Kumar Shahani, Mani Kaul and Rajat Kapoor Writer, Producer and Director of several Documentary Films and Series since 1994 Extensively wrote scripts for TV shows including Bhanwar, Rajdhani and Hadsa in the 1990s
Executive Producer of Ankhon Dekhi (2014) Writer, Producer and Director of Moh Maya Money (2017)
Theatre: Acted, Produced and Directed in several plays including Ionesco’s ‘The Chairs’, Sartre’s ‘The Flies’, Cocteau’s ‘The Infernal Machine’, Shakespeare’s ‘Taming of the Shrew’, Brecht’s ‘Baal’, Genet’s ‘Deathwatch’, Devised Piece ‘The Blue Mug’ and Moliere’s ‘Misanthrope’
Teaching: Teaching Cinema related subjects since 2004, including Screenwriting, Film Appreciation and Film Direction at various institutes across India including FTII’s Skilling India in Film and TV (SKIFT) initiative, NFDC’s Skill Development Programme, Symbiosis International University (Pune), PLC State University of Performing and Visual Arts (Rohtak) and Apeejay Satya University (Gurgaon).
(19) How to apply:
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
. In the Search box, search/Find FTII Fees Account and click submit.
2. In the payment category select “O7 Film Appreciation Course (offline) Delhi”.
3. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
4. Make necessary payment of Rs 4,000/-
5. Once payment is done, please note "SBI collect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
6. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or print screen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached. Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
7. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction in all respect will be final.
The course is an introduction to film appreciation, film history, film analysis and film production – fiction and documentary - from concept to final film.
The participants will be exposed to the history of cinema and the development of the cinematic language. They will be encouraged to analyze a few selected films and taken through the process of film making – fiction as well as documentary. There may also be specific sessions on the impact of cinema on society and the process of preserving film and film heritage. Finally, there will be an opportunity for the students to explore the avenues for further learning of the film craft.
Enhance the participants understanding of cinema in all its dimensions including aesthetic, creative, communicative, industrial and commercial. The course will impart skills in contextualizing an audio visual work, grasping the impact of its diverse elements and understanding its import and impact on the society.
The course aims to equip the student with an ability to engage with cinema deeply. It teaches the student to contextualize a film in its historical, social, aesthetic and technological perspective and then goes on to explain the language of pictures and sounds and the meaning created by their design, juxtaposition and sequencing. Finally it explores with the students the relationship between cinema and the society.
Screening of films, lectures accompanied with presentations, interactive discussions, assignment for completion outside the class.
Who Should Take the Course?/ Benefits of undertaking said Course
Anyone interested in looking at cinema beyond the entertainment aspect and wanting to appreciate films for its genre, style & content and wishing to take cinema as career.